From:
Laurence Glavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:39:01 -0500
Eric Goldberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Advertisers know that a good 'hook' is hard to find.  Beethoven would
>probably be making millions if he were alive to write tv commercials,
>and Mozart writing musicals would make more than Andrew LW.

That's an interesting hypothesis, but if you look at the "real" world,
there are interesting composers out there creating accessible music for
the concert hall, but they're not being invited to jingleize.  The first
name that comes to mind is William Bolcomb, who has a hit on his hands
in one vocal number, "The Lights of New York" from "View From the Bridge".
If Lowell Lieberman can be pried away from his flute, I think he could
turn out an acceptable commercial.  And that's just two...make up your
own liszt, er list.

Laurence Glavin