From:
Fia Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:18:01 -0600
I'm sure we're talking about the same piece.  By Max Bruch.

I heard this piece in this way:  I was looking through the Arts section
of the paper for free concerts and saw that a brother and sister duet were
going to be performing at a church nearby.  The woman plays the violin, her
brother the piano.  She played this piece right after the intermission.
She introduced it by explaining about the day of atonement and it's
significance.  I enjoyed the piece so much that I bought the music soon
afterwards.  It was considerably easier to find the sheet music than to
find a CD.

I much prefer to hear this piece on the cello--though she played it
beautifully.  However, since I hope to play it on the violin someday I'd
like to have a recording to learn from.  Thanks for trying!

~Fia