From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:47:15 -0600
Donald Satz wrote:

>Bob Draper wrote:
>
>>I think this series is on Naxos.
>
>No, it's on Chandos.  The world of classical music does not always revolve
>around Naxos.

Actually, much of the same repertoire is indeed on Naxos, in the series
entitled "The 18th Century Symphony." To cite one example, I own both
versions of the Dittersdorf symphonies after Ovid's Metamorphoses, and find
merit in both the Chandos and the Naxos.  This is a case where the quality
is fine on both and there is a wide repertoire be explored on both labels.
One can choose based on one's income, I suppose.

Kevin Sutton