From:
Greg Markov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:26:43 -0700
I joined this list in hopes of learning more about the wonderful world
of classical music.  I know I love it, but I also see that understanding
and knowing it will take lots of reading and lots of listening and lots
of diligent research.  I see that this list isn't very high in volume.
Is there another list, where a relative rookie, like myself would be
learning a lot from people with lots of knowledge on the topic?

Oh, and while I am here, who does the best Moment Musical in F Minor
by Schubert?  I really love the piece, but haven't been able to decide
on which to get.  I have iTunes store access, so I did some previewing
there, and the options are vast.  Actually, I was originally exposed to
it through Trio Voronezh.  Is anyone on this list familiar with their
work?  Truly an amazing trio from Russia, that plays classical standards
on Russian traditional instruments, to get a sound that is very unique.

Thanks,
Greg
Phoenix, AZ