From:
Paul Wesley Hofreiter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:59:28 -0500
I have heard the Zimmermann as well, and though I am struck by the
uniqueness of it, and there are some exceptional moments, I still prefer
Argerich with Rostropovich for No.  2 and Garrick Ohlsson with Kord for No.
1.  This doesn't mean I don't enjoy other Argerich or Ohlsson or Pollini
recordings!  But as I write this, I find myself recalling the wonderful
Rubinstein recording from my youth which I have not yet purchased on CD.

Best,
Paul Hofreiter