From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:27:04 PDT
Bob Draper, quoting Anton Bruckner:

>"Brahms music' comes from his head. Wagner's music comes from his
>balls.  But, my music, my music comes from God"

Thee's nothing like giving yourself an edge over the competition.  It
amazes me how great composers can make relatively stupid statements just
like the rest of us mortals.

May I say this: my music also comes from God, but he/she didn't give me
anything good to work with.  Maybe I need to immerse myself in prayer
during the Jewish high holidays, and I'll get a better deal.

Don Satz