From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:09:55 +0100
Satoshi Akima <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The BSO sound like they having a good night as well under Ozawa.  You
>wouldn't know it was live if the cover didn't tell you.  The coupled
>Chamber Symphony Nr 1 under Inbal sounds terribly flat footed.  This works
>should sound lively and Haydenesque, but Inbal approaches it as if it were
>Bruckner.  It doesn't work for me and I would direct people to the Orpheus
>Chamber Orchestra's recording (although I have a nasty feeling it might
>have been deleted...) or else Simon Rattle.

The Orpheus Schoenberk Chamber Symphonies are certainly not deleted, as
Amazon f.e. lists it.  However, should Mr. Satoshi not find it, he can
have my recording, in exchange for his nice gift earlier this autumn to me.
I certainly don't care myself for Schoenbergs Chamber in this moment; I am
completely obsessed with when Naxos will reissue Leinsdorfs "Die Walkuere"
in their historical series.  I have already their "Parsifal" and "Tristan"
in the transfers, and they were excellent, so now I want "Die Walkuere"!
Should Klaus Heyman be onlist, I take this opportunity to give this
little wink; that I am at this time a little tired of
release-yes/release-no/release-yes/release-no!  I don't want "Die Walkuere"
in a decade, or in a year, or in a month, or even in a week...I want it
NOW!!

Mats Norrman