From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:56:44 +0000
Steve Schwartz writes:

>...I tend to look at pieces and composers, rather than labels.

I have the same focus as Steve, and I don't feel any loyalty to particular
labels.  When I'm on the hunt for recordings, it's always certain works
and composers that get my attention.  The composers I've been concentrating
on these days include Scriabin, Rachmaninov, Shostakovich, Prokofiev,
Liszt, Chopin, Schumann, Martinu, Jongen, Bach, Janacek, and Granados.

Having a collection 90% devoted to Deutche Grammophon likely insures
high-quality recordings.  However, such a high percentage is not viable
when one acquires hundreds of discs each year.

Don Satz