From:
Donald Scarinci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:36:24 EDT
I've been listening to Telarc's 20 bid surround sound CD of Mahler's
Symphony no.9 conducted by Jesus Lopez-Cobos and performed by the
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.  There is no question that quality CDs make
all the difference in the world.  Just turn on the sound, put the lights
down, and you are right there.  The detail is awesome.  The sound just
takes you.

I'd love to find more CD's of this technical quality of equally superb
performances.  Imagine if Boult's "The Planets" could be remixed and
remastering in 20 bit surround!  Then I'd have it all.  Great performance
and great quality.

Does anyone know of any of the Beetoven symphonies that are high end? I'm
willing to get the symphonies one by one if I could get performance and
digital recording excellence.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

Donald Scarinci