From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:31:03 +0000
I recently got clued in to a great Russian Music MPC and sales site that
can be reached simply by typing into your search engine - rbcmp3.com.
You will find hundreds of recordings of Russian music and non-Russian
music played by Russian artists.

As we all know (perhaps), nobody plays instruments with more genuine
feeling than Russian artists.  I was looking for recordings of Schumann's
piano sonatas by Sofronitsky, and I literally hit a goldmine when finding
this Internet site.  Piano, violin, viola, cello - it's all there.  The
prices are defintely high, but these are generally very hard to find
recordings by the best Russian performers in the business.  As an example,
so many Melodiya recordings seem impossible to find since BMG scewed up
the distribution.  But you'll find them at rbcmp3.com.  Check it out!
Of course, I have zero connection to this site other than as a consumer
in good standing (assuming my credit card counts for something).

As an aside, are any of you big fans of the Russian Piano School?

Don Satz