From:
Alberto Cobo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:34:08 +0100
Kevin Sutton:

>With all due respect, I think that this answer is too artsy.  There are
>easy pieces to play and there are hard ones.  There are easy pieces to
>interpret and there are hard ones.  The Mozart Twinkle Twinkle variations
>are pretty easy.  The Goldberg variations are not.

But then Cortot had the same opinion:

>I will pipe in with a quip for which I do not know the attribution.
>"Mozart is to easy for amateurs and too difficult for virtuosos."

The Goldberg Variations are pretty, another beauty than Mozart.  The
only thing is that are 30 variations, 30 beauties and one theme (also
beauty, maybe the most).  I realize that in piano it can result difficult
to performance but the enthusiasm that provoke to the performer...  it can
evacuate the hardness.

Alberto Cobo
www.superopera.com