From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:27:17 +0000
Tim Mahon writes:

>In short --- 'music with big shoulders' has as valid a place as any other
>type of music which Don has a higher regard --

Yes, it as valid, and I don't really have a higher regard for other forms.
I just like them better.  My question as to the appeal that symphonic
music holds is a serious one; the stuff about Mahler's 8th is just humor.

Deryk Barker questioned my leaving the Canadian group "Tafelmusik" off
my baroque list.  I had it on the list I jotted down before going to the
computer, but I hit 'ten' before I reached it.  I always play by the rules.
How's that for an 'out'?

Don Satz