From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:49:39 PDT
Jocelyn Wang writes:

>Since the entire process of atonal composition is inconducive to
>producing anything resembling beauty, it does not take a leap to
>dislike every last one of them.

What an extreme and inaccurate declaration!  Many members of this list have
stated that they have found beauty in atonal music.  Even I have, and I'm
not a regular listener to this music.  Besides, each of us decides what is
beautiful and what is ugly.

The overt hostility to non-tonal music is amazing.  You'd think that its
existence has caused lasting damage to classical music lovers.

Don Satz