From:
Mike Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:25:16 +0100
I'm taking the liberty of forwarding you details of a concert which I
hope may interest you. It's all in a good cause and last year was a
sell-out, I understand.

Sing for the Homeless "come and sing" or "come and hear" charity
performance Parts 4, 5 and 6 of Bach's Christmas Oratorio Saturday 24
November 2001 DOUAI ABBEY, Woolhampton, near Newbury This is a wonderful
place, with a superb acoustic, according to David Hill, no less!

   For those of you who weren't able to come to either or both of our
   previous efforts (The Messiah in 1997 and the first half of the
   Christmas Oratorio in 1999), the idea is to raise funds to help young
   homeless get off the streets and stay off the streets - and so far,
   we've raised over 30,000.  Not bad, but not enough.

   The performance will be conducted by Sir David Willcocks, the soloists
   are all well known professionals and there is a full orchestra with
   supporting harpsichord and organ.

   The choir is, we hope, all or some of you - after all, choirs don't
   often get an opportunity like this.

   Tickets are available from Sing for the Homeless, Woodbine Cottage,
   Fishers Lane, COLD ASH, Berkshire, RG18 9NG.  Please let us know -
   with your cheque and a stamped addressed envelope - how many tickets
   you would like for each voice - soprano, alto, tenor, bass - and/or
   audience - at 12.50 each.  Please make your cheque payable to "Sing
   for the Homeless".  If you can't come, our charity, the Cardinal Hume
   Centre would be delighted to receive a donation.

   With best wishes and hoping to see you on 24 November

   Chris Morris
   Sing for the Homeless

Best wishes
Mike