From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:19:20 -0400
Dave Lampson responded to Jeffrey Hall:

>>Dear CM fans, A few years ago I saw a Star Trek movie in which one scene
>>showed a string quartet playing.  This scene occurred very early in the
>>movie.  I don't know what the piece was (hence my question) but it sounded
>>to me like the Mozart/Haydn school.  This Star Trek movie featured Captain
>>Picard (Patrick Stewart) and must have been released in the mid to late
>>90's.  ...
>
>This is likely Star Trek: Insurrection.

That may be.  I don't recall.  But there was an episode of Star Trek:
Next Generation with a string quartet, too.  Data played first violin, I
think.  I don't remember what the piece was, but I think it was Mozart.

Roger Hecht

 [That's one of the better ST:TNG episodes by the name of "Sarek",
 episode #71 of the series.  There are actually two pieces played
 on-screen.  They start out with the Allegro movement of Mozart's
 string quartet #19, "The Dissonant", K. 465.  Then a little later
 they are actually playing the Andante movement of Brahms' String
 Sextet #1, Op. 18 (this is the scene where Sarek cries).  Whether
 they play a reduction or just some of the parts I just don't know.
 -Dave]