From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:32:42 -0800
Donald Satz ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I've been getting into Busoni's solo and two-piano music and would
>appreciate opinions concerning Busoni's more rewarding piano music and
>the better recordings on the market.  Piano transcriptions are of course
>included.

Avoid the Geoffrey Douglas Madge set on Philips.  Tempting but the level
of dreariness in his playing is not to be overstated.

If you can find Ogdon's recording of the Fantasia Contrappuntistica snap
it up, ditto the Jacobs/Oppens Nonesuch recording of the 2-piano version
(also includes Beethoven's Op.134).

More when I've checked through my collection.

Deryk Barker