From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 09:14:05 +1000
Joe Hagedom:

>So for good clarinet works we have Brahms, Briccialdi, Copland,
>Corigliano, Crusell, Finzi, Fuchs, Krommer, Mozart, Nielsen, Reicha,
>Stanford, Stravinsky and Weber? What CD's are worth picking up?

Try these two Naxoses:

8.553178 has Krommer's Clarinet Concerto and his two
concertos for two clarinets.

8.553566 has Finzi's Clarinet Concerto, Five Bagatelles for clarinet and
strings and some of his fragile and beautiful orchestral music - try the
third soliloquy and if you like it, you're hooked!

Richard Pennycuick