From:
Bob Zeidler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:46:10 EST
Richard Pennycuick writes:

>My LP of the Ruggles has Ives' Three Places in New England; the Schuman
>on LP was coupled with Piston's 2nd symphony.

Ah!  The fallibility of memory!  Although it's been quite a few years,
the least I could have done would have been to look at the DG LP, which
I still have.  (Actually, I have both of those LPs, and simply conflated
one with the other.) You are of course correct.

>In the early 90s, DG had a short-lived CD series called Twentieth Century
>Classics which included one containing Sun Treader, the Schuman concerto
>and the Piston symphony.  In a later incarnation, the Schuman has been
>dropped.  Bad decision, imo.

I missed that short-lived series somehow.  I agree that dropping the
Schuman was a bad decision.

Thanks again for correcting my misteak.:-)

Bob Zeidler