From:
Laurence Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 08:26:39 -0400
A bit of shameless commerce here, but if our moderator permits, I thought
some might be interested.  I've had good success with a vendor on the
ebay, dfwolven (aka Dave Wolven).  He specializes in the hard-to-find
classical recordings, much of it from outside the US (many of his
recordings might not be so hard to find in Europe).  He is flexible in
terms of payment arrangements (i.e. if you bid on multiple items, he
will happily make one shipment to reduce shipping costs, although he
does want orders to ship within four weeks of the end of an auction).

Because ebay is an auction, prices will be highly variable: I have
generally found the prices to be good, although there are few real
"steals". Here's an email I received from Dave today describing upcoming
auctions (the format is much more readable on the link he provides).

   Greetings!!!

   It's been several weeks since I last dropped an e-mail to my
   customers, announcing some  exciting new CD auctions that might
   interest many of you.  Some that I'm particularly enthusiastic
   about:

   I have many volumes of Olympia's ongoing Myaskovsky Symphony series,
   including the elusive volume 4, and the newly released volume 10.
   the complete 3 CD set of Myaskovsky piano sonatas.
   20th century soviet violin concerti of Radov, Kabalevsky and Shebalin.
   more volumes from Olympia's comprehensive Vainberg, Nosyrev and
   Tcherepnin series (with more to be listed over the next several days).
   the complete songs of Dmitri Shostakovich, on 2 Delos CDs.  I will be
   listing the complete songs of Borodin soon, along with rarely heard
   lieder of Beethoven and the Mendelssohns (Felix and Fanny).
   rare organ works of Josef Labor and Augustin Barie.
   Gustav Holst's rarely heard Symphony in F and his "Walt Whitman" overture.
   Kabalevsky cello concerti!
   Herreweghe's beautiful Desprez motets.
   Respighi's gorgeous violin concerto.
   organ concerti of Guilmant, Dupre and Poulenc, on a stunning recording,
   imported from Australia.
   and much, much more.....
   Here's the link:
   http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dfwolven&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

   Happy Bidding!!!

   Dave

   P.S.   This email is intended to notify my current and former
   customers of some CD auctions that might interest them.    I
   respect everyone's need for privacy, so, as always, if you don't
   wish to receive messages from me about my auctions, please let
   me know.

Larry