From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:01:45 -0500
Karl Miller wrote:

>Happy to.  As with all of our releases featuring Welte rolls, Kenneth
>Caswell did the work.  Ken has been working with the Welte for over 40
>years.

Having just received the 'Debussy: The Composer as Pianist' disc that
was Pierian 0001, I am very happy to hear there will be more discs using
the same technology.

I find it extraordinary to listen to the performances, both because there
has been an assumption of 'limited' sound from recordings at the time,
and the insight provided by the performances.

It is most impressive to hear a Debussy recording with modern piano sound.

Regards,

Tom Connor