From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:16:28 -0500
One of the wonderful things about throwing out the challenge to list
new pieces since 1962, is that many of you have.  I am looking forward
to a great deal of interesting listening.  What I have found most
intriguing though is that there is very little avant garde music on these
lists.  I am certainly not opposed to new forms of expression.  There are
several works by avant garde composers that I do enjoy.  But one more
question/observation: Most of the avant garde works that people have
mentioned are either from the 60's or by composers who flourished in the
60's and are still around.  Who is in the current avant garde and what are
they doing? I am not trying to be a smart-ass here, I really want to know.

Kevin