From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:55:40 -0500
Patrik Enander wrote:

>I haven't read any books about music, composer biographies, memoirs
>etc.  So I want to know if you can share with me a book about music,
>irrespectively of genre, that has given you a lot of pleasure.

Humphrey Carpenter's excellent biography of Benjamin Britten.
"Music by Phillip Glass" by the composer.
"Ring Resounding", and "On and Off the Record"  by John Culshaw.
Gardiner Read's bio of Sir Peter Pears
Tim Page's bio of Glenn Gould

Norman Lebrecht's Maestro Myth is a total waste of paper and ink IMNSHO.

That reminds me, what was Walter Legge's autobio called?

Kevin Sutton