From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 01:12:32 +0100
William Hong wrote:

>There seem to be lots of folks partial to Grumiaux's interpretations.  I
>myself have wondered why his work hasn't seemed to get as much mention as
>many other violinists.  His Beethoven Concerto is imprinted in my head as
>the epitome of grace and gives full credence to this work as "The Queen of
>Violin Concertos."

Absolutely. And he recorded it at least three times.

>Are there any other Grumiaux recordings that folks here can recommend as
>being worthy of seeking out?

Mozart string trios
Mozart sonatas with Haskil & more later with Klien
Mozart string quintets with the Grumiaux Trio + 2
Beethoven sonatas with Haskil

Of course he recorded all the well known violin concertos and they can be
bought blindly.

Philip