From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 23:30:25 +0200
Mikael Rasmusson:

>>As a Lisztian I must say that Verdis's Requiem reminds me of Liszt's
>>Missa Solemnis.  Also, for a "tormented" Requiem, check out Liszt's
>>Requiem.

Pablo Massa:

>I don't like that work.  I heard it many times, but I never could connect
>myself with it completely.  However, I must say that it has fascinating
>moments (the "Dies Irae" among them).  As a musical curiosity, it's
>also very appealing.

What's so curious about it? If you think it's appealing, then I suggest
you give it another chance next year or so.  Sometimes (or quite often in
fact), I feel confused after hearing a piece by Liszt for the first time.
But like all good music (jazz, pop, whatever...), there is something which
makes you want to return to the music sooner or later.....

Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>