From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:47:39 +0100
I have a DG recording conducted by Abbado which I like, though I had to
order it.  The new one on Naxos is also supposed to be good.  Both are
from live performances.

As for highlights, Berg selected some for his 'fragments' which occasionally
appear in the concert hall: part of act 1 scene 3, act 3 scene 1 and the
last scene of the opera together with the D minor interlude which precedes
it.

Anyway I'm off to see the opera at Covent Garden on Friday - taking
advantage of the discounted seats available for this production.

Virginia Knight
Personal homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html