From:
"Stephen E. Bacher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:40:32 -0500
Concerning an increase in classical music programming, Roger Bogda
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>John Labonia, [WLRN Miami] station manager, basically said programming
>was determined on the bucks brought in based on listener interest and
>if we wanted it we best start donating...

But...  all NPR fundraising I've heard has been of the form "if you want
us to continue bringing you the programming of so-and-so that we've been
doing, show us your support for it".  I can't see how a listener can
make a pledge conditional on changing the programming, under those
conditions.  And contributing any money would more likely have the
opposite effect, of confirming the choices made by the radio station.

 - seb