From:
Donald Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:28:53 -0700
Obviously I was wrong and my favorite Brandenburgs, the Collegium Aureum,
were on RCA Victrola...  Embarrassing for a know-it-all like me.  I can't
even remember what the cover looked like, and although I have them on
CD, I don't know why I got rid of the vinyl somewhere along the way.
But I had LPs by Ristenpart and the Saar that I liked too, and I agree
absolutely with Robert Floyd about the wonderful old Nonesuch label.

I still have a Ristenpart/Saar record on the mail-order Musical Heritage
Society label: "A Concert in Mirabell Palace" has music by Michael Haydn,
both W.A.  Mozart and his father, Antonio Caldara, Georg Moffat, and
Biber's delightful Serenade in C Major "The Night Watchman", in which
the bass Jacob Staempfli sings the Bavarian song "Morgenlied" as he makes
his rounds, passing by across the stereo spectrum.

Donald Clarke