From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:36:52 PST
Cindy Gieringer wrote:

>Hi, I'm currently in the process of adding recommended Beethoven
>recordings to my web page.  Does anyone have any good suggestions?
>It can be any form of work.

A reading of the List Archives would likely be helpful; there's so much
that's worthy of recommendation.  Here are a few of my favorite Beethoven
recordings:  late piano sonatas (Pollini/DG), Piano Quintet (Perahia/Sony),
Diabelli Variations (Kinderman/Hyerion), Piano Concertos
(Brendel/Levine/Philips), Symphony no.  9 (Bernstein/Sony), and Mass in C
(Gardiner/Archiv).

Don Satz