From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 22:06:10 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Also, in response to Furtwaengler as "The" Bruckner conductor, I would
>have to agree, but with Karajan in the same league.  I know I'll be flamed
>by the "I hate HvK" police, but it's my opinion.

I suppose I could take this opportunity to ask a question that's been on
my mind for years now.  I would appreciate to hear everyone's input on this
one.  A couple of years back I purchased Mahler's symphony number 5 with
Herbert von Karajan at the podium.  I, personally, loved the performance.
I have come to really enjoy Karajan's performances of Brahms and Mahler.
recently I have come to the conclusion that Karajan's conducting is
despised by many people for some reason.  I would like to hear from those
who dislike him and/or his conducting.  I would also like to hear from
those who like him awell as I do and hear their thoughts on the subject.
Personally, I don;t see anything wrong with his work.  I don;t think I ma
a lesser person because I like it.

--Wes