From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:31:53 -0500
Bob Woods wrote:

>I often enjoy solo cello works early in the morning.  As a novice listener,
>this means that I have spent much time with Bach's Cello Suites.  I am
>wondering if the list can recommend other solo cello works that I should
>consider for my collection.

The three Britten sonatas (suites?) are worth trying- dark brooding music,
perhaps not the best thing to start a gray drizzly day.  But something
to get the blood tapping and the feet flowing in all weather is the
Kodaly Unaccompanied Sonata.  If the Janos Starker performance is
available on cd, grab it.

Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>