From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:12:15 -0500
Don Satz wrote:

>...  Other than those types of films, I feel that the quality of
>the script, acting, and direction are much more signficant than
>the music employed.  Music can certainly enhance one's enjoyment
>of a film and make more meaningful the messages conveyed by the
>film, but no music can make a poor movie into a good one.

You'd think so, but I wonder.  What would Psycho have been without
Herrmann's music?  I even wonder how good Vertigo would have been without
Herrmann.  And Korngold turned some real dogs into watchable (but good?)
movies.  Returning to Herrmann, that weird score of his might have turned
Torn Curtain into something interesting.

Roger Hecht