From:
Billy Kitson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 23:14:52 +1000
I hear the "New Kingsway Hall Orchestra" is trying to recreate the Total
"Sound" of the "Olde" Kingsway Hall - to such an extent they are trying to
duplicate it in every way?? Gut Strings are "in"!!  Will the Audience have
to attend in "Full White Tie & Tails", and the ladies in Full Length Gowns
& Long Gloves to "create" the appropriate "Sound Blanket"?? Will every one
have to come by hansom cab or coach + horses?? Will early "electric" lights
or Gas Lamps be used in the Hall?? I imagine Heating / Air Conditioning is
NOT "on"?? Oh, I suppose lady musicians will be relegated to the rear of
the 2nd Violins & the harp, Only?? How "blurry silly" is this HIP thing
going to get ??

Bill(Y).

 [Can't people have a little fun?  -Dave]