From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:19:07 GMT
I'm convinced that the best "calling card" for a new cd is listening
exposure.  When I worked in a classical record shop, there was a consistent
and strong flow of customers who wanted to buy some music they heard on the
classical radio station, and they often didn't know the name of the work or
the composer.

Playing music in the store, assuming it's in the inventory, is another
great way to sell more cd's.  Something obscure suddenly becomes familiar
to a customer.

I once worked in a store where discs were played but not in stock.  That
really angered many customers, some of whom never returned.

Don Satz