From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:41:44 +1000
Some time ago, Deryk Barker wrote, for reasons which need no longer detain
us:

>Bugs Bunny - his musical taste is the best of all.

I took this at face value, never having given the matter much thought.
However, it reminded me of two classic Tom and Jerry cartoons.  One is
Tom and Jerry at the Hollywood Bowl, which features a riotous performance
of the overture to Die Fledermaus in which the two share the conducting
and Tom does some of the playing.  A friend loaned me a copy of this last
week, but does not have Cat Concerto which I've not seen for some years.
IIRC, the "concerto" featured is a arrangement for piano and orchestra of
*the* Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody which is usually heard in either piano or
orchestra versions, but not, that I know of, piano and orchestra.  Does
anyone know, please?

Richard Pennycuick