From:
Gilles Mercier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:43:05 +0100
i' m a Mravinsky collector and the well- known re-editions about him in
Europe are erato and Bmg _melodiya in japan, a special bmg japan issued
there more 45 cd (all the mravinsky 'melodiya recordings) andrussian disc
issued in addition with all those we could found in europe 2 cd the first
with french music: pavane pour une infante defunte, bolero and the
Bezrlioz's symphony fantastic the second with german romantic music: don
giovanni and the Bruckner 's 7th symphony.  those 2 cd are fantastic lives
performances.i have every japan cd series.  but infortunately russian disc
stopped very quickly his edition and disappear before to issue on cd the
recording live of the creation, in leningrad of the first cello concerto
from Schostakovitch with rostropovitch, leningrad p.o and Mravinsky.  I
met the Mravinsky widow and she told me that a lot of tapes are in archives
of european and russian radio.

best
gilles mercier