From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:00:26 -0400
Philip Harding wrote:

>I just ordered The Late Quartets by The Budapest Quartet.  Amazon is also
>offering the complete quartets (eight disks) by The Medici Quartet for just
>$28.47!  It sounds like a great bargain.

If the Budapest performances are the Library of Congress Stereo
performances, which I have never heard, I haven't heard many kind words
said about them, and they seem to have led some listeners who have never
heard their earlier mono recordings, wonder why the Budapest was held in
such high regard.

Walter Meyer