From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:56:17 -0500
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:09:27 -0500, Dan&jan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What is the difference between sound and vibrations? or is it in the eye of
>the beholder or frequency?

The ear.

But seriously, perhaps some of you have seen the amazing documentary: "Touch
the Sound"

> TOUCH THE SOUND takes us on a remarkable journey with Evelyn Glennie, one
of the world's foremost musicians, a Grammy-winning classical percussionist
whose solo work is unrivalled. She is also deaf. Evelyn overcame
considerable obstacles to become an extraordinary success.

> Through her, sound is palpable and rhythm is the basis of everything.
Without vibration, there is nothing. From silence to music, from hearing to
seeing and to feeling, sound is felt through every sense in our body.
Hearing is a form of touch, she says.

http://www.touch-the-sound.com

pb