From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 17:48:35 -0400
I really don't know what all the fuss is about.  These bees sound
similar to the orchard bees that are already being used in pollination.
I would suppose that in view of the threatened (impending?) crisis with
honeybees, farmers certainly do have an interest in exploring other
pollinators.  This seems like perfectly appropriate USDA research to me.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA