From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:25:41 -0500
Hi Vicky,

     Bottling a case of honey seems like a lot of work and a little
expensive for yard rent. most of the beekeepers I know give the person that
let them use the land about five lbs of honey in a five lb jar. That is
usually an impressive size for a regular person. A friend and I keep twelve
hives on a berry farm. We have a deal with the farmer, He buys all Our
honey. We bottle it in one lb jars, sell it to Him for $2.75 per jar, He
puts His own farm brand labels on the jars and sells them for $3.75 at His
farm stand. We pay nothing in rent, and He gets some good pollination at a
good price. There are many ways to make deals. Don't forget, the average
person probably doesn't use five lbs in an entire year, so don't be over
generous, You work hard to get Your hundred or so lbs per hive, don't give a
quarter of it away.
Good luck,
Garry Libby
Boston, USA