From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:38:45 EST
Walter Patton wrote:

> Jerry Stroope got unseated for his strong belief that the National
> Honey Board should be abolished totally and certainly  not expanded.
> The big boys $$$$ packers and their allies sent him back to the bee
> yard. Interesting....

Walter,

More details if you please!  I thought Jerry's position was up the
assessment a penny a pound, remove foreign producers' assessment, get
more producers on the board and promote domestic honey.  Total abolition
of the NHB is something new as far as I know.  Did Jerry get voted out
of office?  What's the scoop?

You mention the power of the Internet.  Realize also the "immediacy" of
the medium.  Yours is the first new I have heard of the AHP convention.
What exactly went down?

Thanks,
Aaron Morris