From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:04:28 -0600
> If your comb is wired and thus unsuitable for cut comb, scrape it down to
> the midrib and replace in the hive.

The Japanese buy entire wired white standard combs and cut them up for
chunk honey.  They remove the wire by heating it with a battery current
(like an embedder setup) and pulling it out the end.

> Wax is a high value product

Wax is low in price these days and getting lower.  Why?  I guess the
beekeepers are no longer buying it in the form of foundation.  I expect it
to go (much) lower.

Allen