From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:58:25 -0400
From Bee Cultures "catch the Buzz" this quote

Weaver, who imports Australian bees, opposes the ban, saying it's too late for such moves even if the
link to Australia were firmly established. "Colony collapse is widely distributed around the U.S.,"
Weaver said. "It's not going to do any good to close off imports from Australia if the pathogen is
already here."

I had to laugh about the widely distributed claim. What a joke.

We still have a poorly understood disorder, with minimal VOLUNTEER data to show how wide spread
it WAS, and no proof that it wil everl return.  As I have said here numerous times we still do not
appear to have any credible claims of CCD in the upper Midwest.  Now all of a sudden its widely
distributed around the US? Come on.....

This just get more strange by the day.  To me its the Y2K Bee story of the decade.  Its becoming the
little guy against the Industrial Ag machine complete with misinformation being pushed to the
media.