From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:54:45 -0800
> >does your formula include growth rate?

It is based solely upon instantaneous growth rate, P = P(initial)*e\rt,
where r is the instantaneous rate of increase, and t the amount of time.
The resulting logarithmic growth curve, at it's simplest, reflects varroa
population increase in a hive (not the alcohol wash count).  It is of
course much more complex, and I will soon be publishing my newest model.

However, in order to answer questions about the number of percentage kills
required per season, the simple plot works just fine.  I recently added a
simple model in which one can input the number of months in which brood is
present in the hive.  One can then see how many treatments at various
overall efficacies it will take over the course of the season to prevent
the mite pop from increasing over a one-year cycle.

Juanse, reinfestation is another matter, and of course is independent of
the growth curve.  However, I have fully incorporated it into my model.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA