From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2019 05:58:37 -0600
a Mike S snip followed by my > comment...
A way to test this would be to follow the same procedures and movement with a yard of bees but to tint the HFCS with green or blue food dye and see if there is inclusion of the dyed HFCS into the ensuing honey production.  Mike in LA

> the process used here to get an idea of 'real Texas honey' is two fold... 1) a test of the pollen to see if the honey conforms to plants that exist in Texas and 2) and NMR analysis to determine if there is anything else in the honey the might have gotten there via fraud or mistake.  It is the second test that I think may reveal something that people do not want to know and I suspect packers and the retail folks may be way ahead of the curve on this intentional or unintentional fraud.  You do hear GOSSIP of honey refused by packers and you have to wonder why.

>But my question to you Mike S. does a commercial guy really want to know that his honey is contaminated with HFCS? Does he want to know antibiotic are showing up in his honey?

>I have no answers but lots and lots of questions!

Gene in Central Texas...