Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:43:09 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
>I see you guys are having it out over how much of this and that...

Actually, we are having a discussion to examine the paramaters and comparing experiences and perceptions. While the current recommendations are fairly consistent and understandable, some are reading or have read the original Swiss recomendations and other original sources, and others are consulting new sources and comparing details to try to understand where our current recommendations are derived and what compromises are involved or where some lattitude might be reasonable. Some of the older material did not specify or discuss the anhydrous and dihydrate discrepancy and thus mystified some early adopters.

I think most of us have the official label or local recommendations at hand and follow them as best we can and just find this question interesting.  

Randy has some recent observations regarding frequency and dose on his site, so we re interested in any feedback in that regard.

Also comments from any who have made errors and overdosed and those who have exceeded the recomended frequency are of interest.

Talking and doing are different things.  We're talking.

>The suggested  recommendations from the tech transfer research end of the Ontario Beekeepers Association OBA  is proven and widely used across Ontario/Canada etc

I trust this is a repetition of the Canadian oxalic label info.

Thanks for putting it on the list.  Any comments on your levels before and after, mortality, etc.  would also be much appreciated.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Access BEE-L directly at:
http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A0=BEE-L

ATOM RSS1 RSS2