From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:27:52 -0600
>Can anyone give us some figures on the number of hives that have been going
to almonds these last years?

Rough estimates are around one million.

>What percentage would that be of the total
number of colonies in the U.S. ?

I would  guess about half but there is not a way of getting exact numbers.

Bob

Ps. If a fellow beekeeper in Grand Junction, Colorado with a garage would
like to help two migratory beekeepers with a truck problem tonight they are
having on interstate 70 please email me. They believe they can reach Grand
Junction, Colorado  tonight but need to do a minor repair before they can
continue through the mountains.