From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:38:55 -0500
I was trying to put the blame on the post office rather than the queen
producer. I agree that too many queens are shipped when they have only
laid a few eggs. there was an publication years ago that did a study on
queen longevity by how long in the mating nuc and the longer she was in
the mating nuc the longer she lasted in the other hive.I think queens
should not be shipped until they have their own capped brood.

Harper's Honey Farm
Charles Harper
(337) 298 6261