Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 13:27:17 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
I have a friend that has given me his old hives and a couple of supers =        
full of honey.  He has kept the honey in a refrigerator since last =            
winter when found that his bees were dead.  The wax in the Brood chamber =      
is black.  He says the bees just froze due to a cold winter.  He did not =      
wrap the hive.  They did not starve (one full super of honey). =20              

How can I check or have it check for diseases before I put the honey on =       
one of my hives that needs feeding.  I have gotten three swarms in the =        
last week.  Yes I know I need to read the chapter on swarm prevention.   =      
                                                                         =      
                                                                         =      
                                                                         =      
                                                                         =      
                                                                         =      
                                                                         =      
 =20                                                                            

I have checked two hives that have no brood.  There are about ten queen =       
cells in each hive.  In one a the queen has emerged and I think I saw =         
her in the hive.  How long does it take a newly emerged queen to begin =        
laying? =20                                                                     

What causes black wax in supers?                                                

Thanks,                                                                         

Cullin Hall                                                                     
402 N. Holland St.                                                              
Dallas, NC 28034                                                                
(704) 922-6953                                                                  

Email [log in to unmask]                                                        

ATOM RSS1 RSS2