From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:16:59 -0700
Andy Nachbaur wrote:

> I am somewhat disappointed in the fact that no solution has been found for
> this aggressive behavior as I know there is one and believe it will turn
> out to be simple and have nothing to do with DNA or the WWII science of
> morphometrics. I suspect to much effort is being made in identifying
> problems and looking for new ones and I am sure more will be found.
>
> ttul, Andy-
> Los Banos, Left Coast of the Republic of America

I certainly agree, and would add that the most effective and prob cheapest
solution is the one we all know - requeening. But, the problem is that I see no
large beekeeper near here willing to ship in queens and risk having them
superceded as has happened in other areas. As an aside, Andy, I recognize that
you have a truly unique perspective on problems in southern Arizona because of
your work here, and when you write about this or other areas, I listen.
   - John Edwards, Tucson, Arizona
p.s. - One idea I can't seem to keep lit around the lab is the need for new
size(s) of excluders to deal with these "new" smaller queens. maybe some on
this list might try punching out a few this winter and researching  - this
needs quite a few tests. je.