From:
Ben Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:09:26 -0400
I have a question:

My very industrious bees have filled another super (10 frames x 6 & 5/8)  full of capped honey.  My questions is whether or not to leave it for them.  They have two large hive bodies, which I looked at closely in September.  One is basically full of honey, and the other has some at the top of frames above brood etc.  My guess is that's plenty in middle Virginia for them to winter well, but I don't want to take the super if they might need it.  This is my first year, so I don't have any previous experiences to base this upon.

Any input?

Ben